Neighborhood Gifts

Around this time of year, I begin to brainstorm on a special gift for our neighbors and friends.  I never reveal what I'm working on for the current year, but instead share with you the past year's gift idea.  I always try to come up with ideas that are relatively easy to make, convenient to delivery, and something a bit unique during the holidays.

Here are the items I've given in years past with links to show you how I pulled it together. 
(1.) (2.) (3.) (4.)

Last year when I started working on ideas, I realized I have a bit of an alcohol theme going!  So, I  decided to do something completely different.  I decided to give nachos!  Yelp.  I was talking to a friend about it and asked, "What is something that everybody likes and needs during the holidays?" The answer: "The ingredients for an easy, yet really yummy appetizer/snack."  So, the idea of giving nachos was hatched.  

Nachos may not be the most glamorous of gifts; but let's face, the holidays are a very busy time of year.  It's also the season for a lot of bowl games.  And yes, as unhealthy as they may be, nothing is better than some cheesy goodness with a beer during a game.  So, here's what I did to pull off this idea in a clever and gift worthy way.

1. I put the ingredients in a gift bag - I raided several stores for the blanco version of the cheese!
2. I came up with a clever label and had them printed.  I also did one for "Teachers" too.

3. Threw in some tissue paper and two different types of ribbon.

4. And delivered them to friends and family.

Done and done.  There are lots of fabulous ideas out there for easy no-bake gifts.  You just have to think about it a bit and get organized.  Then, just come up with a clever tag and wrapping to make it feel special.   I've got everything ready for this year's gift.  But you'll have to wait until next year to see it!  M. 


No comments:

Post a Comment